Sunday, September 17, 2006

Friday afternoon we left town to head to Wallowa Lake, Oregon. We had just gotten off the other side of Rattlesnake grade when it started snowing. Come on folks, this is September for christ's sake!! LOL! Yes there was a freak snow storm that moved through the area. We woke up saturday morning to snow and a flat tire on the truck. So we headed into joseph to get the tire fixed and grab some breakfast. In the afternoon we took the tram up the mountain. Wallowa Lake is at 4,000 ft elevation, the tram takes you up to 8,900 ft elevation. Needless to say I had one hell of a time breathing up there with my asthma and to add to that, I have pneumonia, lol this was the last place my doctor would want to know where I was! But the reservations were made several months ago and it was nonrefundable, so we had to go.

We got to the top and it was cold (30 degrees), windy and foggy. This picture is one of the views from the front window in the truck. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger *Jeanne* said...

What the heck? Dang snow?!? ONLY YOU! I hope you are starting to feel better. Don't over do it like you USUALLY DO! Take care of yourself... or else!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger motobarbie said...

I love all the pictures. That statue is absolutely beautiful. Very odd snowstorm. Looks like fun though and I hope you are feeling better

 

Post a Comment

<< Home